Monday, October 11, 2010

Marble Mountains Wilderness

In September I was lucky enough to be invited to help lead a backpacking trip to the Marble Mountains. Along with two other guides and a group of Students from Ashland High's SAEJ Program, we struck off for the Shackleford Creek Trail Head... just a short drive from Ft. Jones, CA.

Because of the nature of our trip, we weren't putting in huge miles but were able to see some pretty amazing sights. We camped for two nights at Campbell lake and from there did an amazing day hike up to the ridge above Cliff lake (or was it Summit Lake?), along the Pacific Crest Trail. The views were spectacular and the weather stayed favorable for most of our four day trip. The kids were nothing short of inspiring and I'm looking forward to future opportunities to work with them again in the spring. This was my first trip to the Marbles and I'm hoping to get back out there soon... it's a pretty amazing place and I feel like I've only scratched the surface of what this area has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment