Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Holidays everyone! As many of you know, Mt. Ashland opened last week which is great news for snow lovers. I escaped the holiday happenings here in town last wednesday (the day before the mountain opened) and headed to the backside of Mt. A for some snowshoeing and a little cross country skiing. Conditions were great and I was the first one up there so I had the (mis)fortune of cutting trail...quite a workout. My intention was to make it out to Grouse Gap Shelter but unfortunately my broken toe(s) are slowing me down a bit right now so it was a pretty short outing. The good news is that they seem to be healing and it shouldn't be long before my boots are comfy enough to get out for a longer trek.

More good news for winter sports enthusiasts, the forcast is calling for more of the white stuff so get out there and enjoy.

Until the next adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment